Sail Challenge & First Days of Class

Monday, August 19th:

The sail challenge was one of the “Fadderullan” activities that everyone said to go to and that it was one of the most fun. I bought my ticket for it right away, but unsure of what it actually consisted of. I had heard different things about it. What it actually was, was 3 of each of the buddy group’s leaders were on a sail boat and I believe had to do certain challenges on the sail boats. The rest of us were put on 3 different boats and basically had a party on these boats watching the sail boats. It was a good night, except they separated the international students from their buddy groups, so they put all exchange students on their own boat, which kind of sucked. We made the most of it even though many people just sat at the tables in groups of nationalities and don’t branch out. That’s why we love our Norwegian buddies!

Top left: Sara & I on the boat; Top right: Kim, Simon, Kim, and Sara on the boat

(:-He8aZ1-rTyQXdh_-6px3kFIHmAX0DhELuaGHQeUeHI IMG_8382edit IMG_8396edit IMG_8397edit

Bottom left & right: Shrimp we got on the boat! 🙂 It was delicious! & I was excited to eat it!

Tuesday, August 20th: 

I had my first day of class. I have soooo not been focused on school at all. The whole last week and a half, school really hasn’t been a thought on my mind. It’s been so much fun getting to know everyone and specially the Norwegians and our buddy group. My first class was at 2:00pm and it was Business and Professional Ethics. I think the class will be interesting and the good thing is that the final exam, is just a group term paper and that is all you’re graded on through the whole course. The bad thing is, the course each day is almost 4 hours long. We do get a 10 minute break every hour, but I am not used to going to class just once a week for a longer period of time.

Wednesday, August 21st:

I slept in a little bit and then had Microeconomics at 2:00pm. That course is only 2 hours and 45 minutes instead of almost 4, which is better. After class Sara, Simon, and I met a few of the buddies at the park for a little bit. Then Sara and I went back to her place and we ate some of her left over Mediterranean chick pea stew, that she had made the day before. It was delicious, btw. (:

Thursday, August 22nd:

I had my first 8:00am class. I’m not used to getting up at 8:00am at all since I’ve been in Norway. I met Simon at the train stop then we road the train and then went to class. For me it’s about a little over a 10 minute walk to the train stop, or T-Banen and then just the next stop is my school. In all it takes like 16 minutes to get from my room to school, which isn’t really that bad. That class I had was Organization and Change and I think I will like it. The teacher seemed interesting and wasn’t boring like the first 2 classes.  That is where I will end her for this blog, I might do a separate blog for Thursday night, or just combine it with the whole weekend ! (:

Here are a couple random photos from this past couple days! (:

d_A_MVeR_Nwg6iiS8PPCTnPNvfJP_6SkuQ-aADZNV5c MRjd9hiZQXXYiUO91iDRdnJ9vsoyR6YcCiKdko4OAf4

At the ice cream place at the lake! ^^

(you can click on the picture to make them bigger if you like)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s